Do you know that water leaks can highly affect you selling your home?
Do you know that water leaks can highly affect the sale of your home? What's more, they can be a concern for new home buyers. However, most homeowners are usually unaware of the hidden leaks. With cracked pipes, leaking spigot and broken seals water will easily creep into some places it isn't meant to go. The end results will be more visible damages which include rot, damaged flooring, and blistered paint.
A minor water leak can increase your repair bills. But the good news is that you can easily prevent such situations. Noticing a sagging ceiling above your dining room table is easier. When looking for water damages you have to remember that these damages rarely turn up at the water source.
Some damages to expect
- Mold and mildew growth. With water leaks, you should also expect an unhealthy environment.
- Permanent water damages to carpets, wood, wallpapers, furnishing and paint.
- Contaminated systems – including the ductwork.
- Insulation and drywall which need replacement and removal.
- If there is water trapped somewhere in your house, poor airflow will become a major problem.
But don't worry, our technicians At SERVPRO of West Kalamazoo are always ready to check out problems and offer solutions.